Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Business is Business, so act accordingly.

*Sigh* Listen people, I am sick and tired of seeing people going into job opportunities (especially those job opportunities that require one to wear a suit and tie or a polo and a pair of khaki pants) coming in wearing jeans falling halfway off the crack of your behind, or going in with a "wife-beater" shirt and a grill in your mouth. Or my favorite when people wear shirts two and three sizes to big for them. Like Andre Benjamin says make "your mama proud and take that thing two sizes down." As for women, the majority of the ones that I have to deal with dress accordingly however their speech (just like their male counterparts) need some serious improvement. "Ain't" that word "ain't" is not proper English, I cannot really say "Ain't, ain't a word because it ain't in the dictionary" anymore because as dumb and idiotic as the American public is getting we have added "Ain't" into the dictionary as a contraction to the word "is not." Fine whatever helps you people sleep at night as for me I will not be using that word in any conversation I have with people. When you talk to your future employer please be engaging with them ask them questions about them, "How was your day?" ask them questions about the job you are applying for "Tell me what I can do to better myself or better prepare myself for this job opportunity?" notice things around the room that speaks about your future employer "Hey, I noticed you have two dogs, I have one myself. What are their names?" Lastly, people for god's sake please bring a resume if you do not have a resume bring random documentation showing your achievements in life. Volunteer work, donating blood, sport leadership something that shows them that you are an earnest worker. If you have a resume, be prepare to elaborate about highlights on your resume "Gee Mr./Mrs. So and so, I noticed you worked with the local trash depot." "Yes, it was pretty rewarding despite what others people may think about picking up others trash. As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure, however, I am in that time in my life where I wish to pursue other endeavors to further benefit not only myself but my family." Oh I know that said that would be the last thing, but ending a sentence in at. For all you people who do STOP, STOP doing that immediately. Never, ever end a sentence with at in any form of speech "Where that be at", "Where is that at", "What time is it at". "That I am good at" No only use at when it followed by something else. "They will meet us here at nine-thirty", "They are at Lowe's." I am not an English major and they can rip me apart or go into further detail but please do not use "at" people. So with my rant of the day I a bid you all adieu.

No comments: